Saturday, January 23, 2010

Denton #2

Another local favourite, this time... for BBQ: Metzlers. While they have a large amount of wine... they have plenty of other alcohols for you non-wine buffs. Otherwise, I go for the BBQ. Each person in my family has a meat that makes a place good to eat BBQ. My mom's is the brisket, my father's the ribs and mine is turkey. Brisket is the perfect BBQ meat, and always will be the Texas staple.  Ribs are a tough meat to get, just because here, we want it off the bone. =) But for me, the hardest meat to cook BBQ style is the turkey. The bird in general is difficult, always easy to over cook (which is why I prefer the deep fried turkey, it holds moisture) and it shows me that the place really knows how to cook if they keep it tender and moist. Metzler's bird by the pound... awesome. It most definitely holds the moisture that I crave in a turkey and the BBQ sauce gives me some tang.
So if you need BBQ fix and you're around Denton... You best head on over to one of the two locations! On the site, the original is off londonberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment