Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Oops.

Well, I've been off my publishing, but that's okay! I might not do a daily interest piece because sometimes... I really eat easy things or leftovers not worth mentioning again... =)
But today I had my leader from church's oldest child over for some fun and games. We made a pizza together:

It had a lot of herbs, onions, pepperoni, and much cheese. I let her pick out the toppings, and she was an excellent pepperoni placer. After that was starting to cook we made some punch and I cleaned up. The pizza was so good.
After pizza, I got a few free copies of cooking light & I looked through it and found a cookie recipe I liked the sound of! It's actually considered a very healthy cookie. I had to tweak it to fit what I had on hand, but it wasn't major things that I changed. If you want the recipe... let me know! I bet I can get it for someone who wants it. I could just copy it. 
The Cookie is Called a Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookie (The 4 C's anyone???)

I totally drank some milk! It has whole wheat flour, regular flour, lots of oats, dried raisins (That was one substitution for the dried cherries I didn't have), walnuts (just because we wanted them there), and semi-sweet chocolate chips (No coarsely chopped dark chocolate available)! Now, there was more oats than flour & they do a strange thing with melting the butter and the brown sugar together. They're chewy granola like cookies. My leader said maybe like the breakfast cookies Quaker puts out. I thought about it and I agree with her! They're similar for sure, but surely tasty and no high fructose corn syrup or random things I don't understand like preservatives. Overall a healthier, chewy, most tasty cookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment